SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
HSP Spare 80142 Nitro Starter Tools Kit Set for R C EU AU US AK for Choose AU Plug Parts Car npqpty2801-New toy
- Qivor Dark Knight Rise Batman Model Move Batman Realistic Statue Doll 22cm Anime Decoration
- Generic F04997-D JMT Assembled Kit 30A ESC + Tared Motor + KK ESC Connection Board Connectors Dean T Plug Wire for 6-Aix Hexacopter FS
- D&L Menswear Men's gold Plated Wood Inlay Tie Clip
- Creative Trapezoidal Double-layer Bookshelf, Learning Desk Bamboo Storage Rack (Size 52 24.5 42cm)
- Sofa Cover Elastic Stretch Couch Cover Furniture Predectors for Armchairs and Sofas Predect Pet and Dog Decor 1 2 3 4 Seater XBK, Three-seat
- Wanted Brydle slip-on Chain Detailing Loafer- (gold 9)
- Yellow Pineapple Print Durable Kids Back to School Backpack Canvas Style
- VpinkLV-HOME Rock and Roll Duvet Cover Set Twin Size,Rock Legends Never Die Winged Skeleton,Bedding Set for Teen 2Pcs,Pale Camel Dark Eggshell Charcoal Grey and White
- LEGO City 60076 Demolition Site
- Laliva Aluminum Spinner 2 Blades Special Drilled for RC Plane with Prop Adapter 1.5 1.75 2 2.25 2.5 2.75 3 3.5 4 - (color 70mm)
- Laliva Zero RC Quadcopter Spare Parts V G PTZ Cable Turning arm Bracket Cover Camera case Motor Driver Board Compass etc - (color G Roll Assembly)
- Homyl Durable Alloy Tank Car Chassis with Track Crawler Kits for Arduino DIY Robotics Learning RC Racing Car Modified Part
- Clouday Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Warm Throw-Blankets for Girls Boys,Cozy Lightweight Blankets for Bedroom Living Room Sofa Couch,Happy St.Patrick's Day Green Leaf Plant Pattern,39x49inch
- Halloween Cake Decorations, 12Pcs Black Bat Cake Toppers and Cupcake Wrappers, Mini Pumpkin Spider Ghost Hat Bats for Halloween Party Supplies Halloween Party Decorations Halloween Food
- Fujimi model 1 700 special series SPOT No.51, Navy aircraft carrier ryuho 0 1942 wood deck sticker decal with plastic
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn