SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Pink Glitz 80th Birthday Party Invitations Purple Personalised npqpty2668-New toy
- Un ncie Toys and Gifts 10 Inch 27cm Black Reborn Baby Soft Silicone Doll Handmade Lifelike Baby Girl Dolls Play House Toys Birthday Gift - (Gender Girl)
- Dragon Ball LED Light Figure - Dragon Ball Z Burdock PVC Figurine Power Up Led Lighting DIY Toys
- Wilcox Type MP7 for The Rail System Type 2
- DAKS casual House check oily ballpoint pen black
- 6 pcs 2212 Do Motor 920KV Brushless CW CCW para X525 450 500 550 Multiredor Quadcopter F330
- Traxxas 6519 TQ 2.4 GHz Micro Receiver (3CH)
- Disney Tsum Tsum Alice in Wonderland Alice Exclusive 3.5-Inch Mini Plush
- B ERKEJI Drone Remote control Quadcopter Air pressure fixed height Toy aircraft 1080P real-time transmission Aerial photo WIFI FPV VR
- Set of 7 Dice Diffusion Sapphire with White Numbers
- Picnic Blanket Waterproof Letter F,Coastal Image with Soft color Sea Related Animal Shells Alphabet, Pale bluee Ivory Dark Coral Weighted for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 35 x60
- WinfreyDecor Kids Birthday Living Room Bedroom Warm Blanket Baby Owl Bird Party Cupcake Tasty Creamy Cake on colorful Polka Dots Backdrop Home, Couch, Outdoor, Travel Use 60 Wx60 L Multicolor
- Moslion Spider Throw Blanket Cute Funny Insect Spiders Web Doodle Lines for Halloween Blanket Home Decorative Flannel Warm Travel Blankets 5060 Inch for Couch Bed Black Grey
- color14 35 x60 Inch Weighted Blanket for Kids Oriental,Geometric African Culture Influenced Rhombuses and Herringbone Pattern, Brown Pale Brown Beige Lightweight Microfiber,All Season for Couch or Bed 50 x60
- Umbra Metal WallFlower, Nickel, Set of 9
- Funko Dragonball Z POP Anime Vinyl Collectors Set SS Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, FF Frieza Action Figure
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn