SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Original Lofty Ambition Servo MG995 Metal Gear High Torque Servo for HPI XL Helicopter Car 5 Set Boat npovxs2001-New toy
- Claire Redfield with Aim & Shoot Action and Zombie Cop with Exploding Action - Video Game Super Stars Presents Capcom Resident Evil 2 Action Figures by Resident Evil
- Hot Wheels 2008 All Stars White '62 Chevy w PR5s on Beckett Price Guide Card 76 1 64 Scale
- Ring Balloon Talking Tables Wedding, Giant Engagement Ring Balloon, Foil, H76cm
- RCtown Wooden Music Instrument Educational Early Xylophone Toy Hand Knocking Piano Gift for Kids Wooden Xylophone
- Spektrum DX9 Black Edition Transmitter Only Mode 2 SPMR9910 Brand New
- C AINIYF Remote Control Deformation Car Gesture Induction Deformation Remote Control Car Electric Toy Car Deformation Robot Charging Remote Control Car Statue (color C)
- Tru-Spec 65 35 Polyester Cotton Rip-Stop 1 4 Zip Tactical Response Combat Shirt Navy Navy 2X-Large
- Magic the Gathering - Fabricate - Planechase by Magic the Gathering
- Small World Sky Island Expansion
- TH Ladder Stools Step Stool Collapsible Household Telescopic Ladder Thicken Aluminum Alloy Multifunction Ladders Multipurpose Engineering Ladder (Size 4 step)
- Clouday Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Warm Throw-Blankets for Girls Boys,Cozy Lightweight Blankets for Bedroom Living Room Sofa Couch,Vintage The Stamp of Paris Eiffel Tower Black and White,39x49inch
- Davishouse Egyptian Super Soft Blankets Egyptology Theme Mythological Cartoon Characters Archeology History Illustration Bedroom Warm 50 Wx60 L
- PearlRolan Weighted Blanket，Sugar Skull,Girl with Sugar Skull Make Up Dia De Los Muertos Traditional Art Print,Black White Pink,300GSM, Super Soft and Warm, Durable 35 x60
- color03 60 x70 Inch BelleAckerman Weighted Blanket for Kids Chloe,Lettering with Cheerful Bitten Cake Candles Girly Birthday Party Design First Name, Multicolor Warm Blanket for Autumn Winter 50 x60
- Qivor Step Stool, Aluminum Ladder Folding Small Ladder Thickening Ladder Storage Stool (color 4)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn