SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Summer Sofa Covers Stretch Universal Sectional Throw Couch Corner Cover Cases for Furniture Armchairs Home Decora 14, Three seat Sofa Style Elastic nphqbw1417-Children's Furniture
Package Quantity contains 1 set
Tested and superb quality
We actually ship to all countries
- Pokemon Neo Discovery Holofoil Card 10 75 Scizor
- Weighted Blanket for Kids Landscape,Majestic Foggy Morning Scene Triglav National Park Mountain Valley Dramatic View, Beige Grey Winter Luxury Plush Microfiber Fabric 50 x60
- Gund 4056259 Misty Bunny Beanbag CDU
- Hot Wheels 2011-116 Nightburnerz Enzo Ferrari RED on Green Lantern Card 1 64 Scale
- Trademark Fine Art Dachshund Turquoise
- Beihai1Sun Poppy Berber Fleece Blanket Striped Artistic Florets Print Summer Quilt Comforter 60x32 Inch
- VpinkLV-HOME Melon Duvet Cover Set Twin Size,Creative Fruit Pattern with Cute Slices of Watermelon,with 1 Pillowcase for Kids Bedding,Dark Night bluee Olive Green and Hot Pink
- ADVPRO Your Name Call Sign Radio Led Neon Sign Yellow 16 x 12 st4s43-wd-tm-y
- 90mm Aluminum Shock Absorber Set for AXIAL SCX10 D90 1 10 RC Car Crawlers bluee 4pcs lot bluee
- JYY Balance Running Bike - No Pedal Push Bike Girls And Boys Training Bike For Toddlers And Kids Toy - Adjustable Seat And Wheel
- Castaways Board Game by Passport Game Studios
- (Standard Packaging) - Cuckoo Alex Rub A Dub Tooting Tugboat Bath Toy
- Zicue Stylish Charming Bracelet Exquisite Ornaments The Korean version of the couples bracelets, men and women creative letter maiden honey bracelets bracelet jewelry students.
- B-03 BOOSC Modern simplicity Square Stool Fabric Sofa Stool Creative Makeup Stool Home Dressing Table Stool Dressing Room Bedroom washable Multi-functio (color B-02)
- ZQYR GAME Remote Controlled Land Vehicle 1 18 Scale 4 Wheel Drive Jeep Crawler High Speed Remote Control Car 2.4Ghz 4WD Car Electric Fast Racing,Model G03051R
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn