SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Funko POP Movies Sherman Action Figure npxmhi935-Action Figures
Stands 3 3/4 Inch tall
Check out the Mr. Peabody vinyl from Funko!
- STAR ACE HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE - 1 8TH SCALE - LORD VOLDEMORT - LED FUNCTION - ACTION FIGURE
- Hongge Reborn Baby Doll,Looks real silicone reborn doll Baby grows partner reborn doll toy 55cm
- Dressed Dessert Fork [Set of 4]
- Jigsaw Puzzle - Las Vegas 500 Pc by Dowdle Folk Art
- Plaid Sofa Slipcovers for Couch Velvet Furniture Covers for Sectional Sofa Slip-Resistant Thick Sofa Cover Towel for Living Room 4, 90 120cm
- Leopard Hobby LBP2850 brushless inrunner 4-Pole sensorless Motor 2850 2670KV 2870KV 2950KV 4430KV 5280KV 6560KV for RC car Boat LBP2850-2.5Y-2870KV
- Series E233-3000 Tokaido Line Late Production (Attached Formation 5-Car Set) (Model Train)
- Qualatex 6 Heart Balloons, Pastel Pearl Assortment (bluee, Lavender, Pink, White) - Pack of 100
- Set of 2 Life-Like Handcrafted Extra Soft Plush Cuddly Lemur 8.5
- DIY Oil Paint by Number Kit for Adults Beginner 16x20 Inch - Purple Flowers and Butterfly,Drawing with Brushes Living Room Decor Decorations Gifts (Framed)
- Snowmanna-Assorted colors 5X Magnifier Necklace Magnifying Glass Pendant Optical Lens with Chain Jewelry Loupe for The Seniors Elders Aged Reading Increase Vision(color gold)
- StealStreet 16423 13.25 Dog Kisses Wall Plaque
- color19 39 x 59in Super Soft Flannel Thicken Blanket Sunset in The colorado Mountains Perfect for Couch Sofa or Bed Cool Quilt
- GAOQUN-TOY 1 18 Mercedes 300E 5.6 AMG W124 Resin Car Model (color BLACK, Size 25cm12cm8cm)
- MAMMUT (Mammut) Basic chalk bag Poppy (red line) [parallel import goods]
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn