SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
B 5863106cm Stroller Folding Safety Multi-Function Large Space Baby Awning Two-Way Adjustment Cart B, Size 58 63 106cm) Stroller (color npqpty917-Baby Dolls & Accessories
Material: Oxford cloth fabric is comfortable, suitable for baby use, sponge grip is super strong sweat absorption, carbon steel bracket is durable, no rust, EVA wheel
Movement: Ultra-slip bearings are smooth and quiet, the front wheel rotates 360 degrees, the rotation is convenient, and the shock absorber is stable.
Storage: The foldable stroller is easy to store, has a small footprint and is easy to carry and can be stored in the trunk of the car.
Safety: super braking function, powerful shock absorption performance, five-point seat belt design, baby safety, super support bearing, high quality stroller
- 3X 4.5X Welding LED Loupe Magnifier Soldering Iron Magnifying Glass Alligator Clip Holder Hand Welding Repair Mgnifying Tool
- CHASOEA Star Throw Blanket golden Stars Pattern Illustration Creative Stylish Birthday Bachelorette Theme Print Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket for Bed or Couch 60 x50 gold White
- KKXXYD 3D Print Moon Lamp Moon Light USB Led Rechargeable Novelty Touch Sensor Table Desk Lamp Creative Night Light Decor Birthday Gift
- Emopeak Photograph Lens Ball 80mm with Wood Stand Velvet Pouch, Original K9 Clear Crystal Ball, Luxury Lens Ball, Photography Accessory, 3.2
- QINYAN-Home Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket (60 x36 Summer Quilt Comforter Country Decor Pastel color Sunset on The Lake in Fall Autumn Scenery in Retro Style Art Drawing Green orange bluee.
- Black Pirate Ship 5th Birthday Party Supplies and Balloon Decorations
- BQLZR 1.9 Black Inflatable Tires 98MM Simulation Rubber Tire and 8 Hole Wheel Rims with Aluminum Alloy Washer for RC1 10 Crawler Car Pack of 4
- Blastos Bubbles 32oz with Additional 32oz Bonus Pack
- 96 Pieces Popcorn Paper Bags 5X 3.25X 10 Classic Old Fashioned Red and White Stripes - Great for The Movies Food Kiosk Food Stand Ice Cream Truck and Shop Street Fairs Etc.
- HUMMINGBIRD WIDEMOUTH Carry ON 40L Travel Bag (bluee)
- Rune bound third edition extended AP sparkling blade complete the Japanese version
- Nanoblock Castle Neuschwanstein (550 pcs)
- UIN Women's Fishes Funny Canvas Walking shoes White (7)
- Waterproof Outdoor Military Spec Hardshell Carrying Case Portable Suitcase for DJI Mavic 2 Smart Controller Batteries Battery Housekeeper Charger Cable and Other Drone Accessories
- Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny Ryomou Shimei PVC Figure 1 7 Scale
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn