SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Honda Le Mans Kunimitsu Red 1 43 Scale Diecast Model NSX 1995 npxmhi535-New toy
- Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Sofa Cover Sectional Elastic Modern Furniture Couch Cover Universal Stretch Corner Slipcover 1PC color 24, 3seater 190-230cm
- Hape Wooden Doll House DIY Dream Doll Kid's Play Set
- Oregon Scientific MEEP Game Pro-Case
- Shadowscape Tared (deck & book) by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law by New Age by New Age
- Pinky 23 Real Life Purple Dress Realistic Reborn Girl Lifelike Baby Dolls Soft Full Vinyl Silicone Body Real Looking Reborn Baby Doll Realistic Newborn Baby Dolls Girl Toy with Free Dummy
- Printing All-Inclusive Elastic Spandex Slipcovers Stretch Corner L Type Sofa Covers Sectional Sofa Cover Predective Couch Cover 3, Four Seater
- Mastercraft Collection F-15E Strike Eagle Model Scale
- 5D Round Diamond Resin Painting DIY Diamond Painting Wholesale Round Diamond Full of Drill in The Palm of Your Hand 40X50 cm Frameless
- Trademark Fine Art Purple Flower White by Christine O’Brien, 14x14 Fine Art, Multicolor
- Oncegod Flannel Blanket Kids Cute Boy Skier with Dog Winter Bedding Throw, or Blanket Sheet 60 W x 51 L
- color8 59 x 80in BEICICI Super Soft Flannel Thicken Blanket Sunset Above The Clouds Sofa Bed or Bed 3D Printing Cool Quilt
- ASHLEY PRODUCTIONS ASH10512 CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT BLACK DOTS ON
- Hello Kitty raw caramel manufacturer NCM1 (japan import)
- Centipede Kite,Product Classification 7m Centipede [excluding Wire Wheel] (color A)
- Magic the Gathering Helvault (151) Dark Ascension Foil
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn